Purchase of goods and services from Geelong Computer Doctors is subject to the following terms and conditions. By purchasing or receiving goods or services from Geelong Computer Doctors, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- Any verbal quote given by Geelong Computer Doctors is given as a guide based on the limited information given by a customer. A verbal quote is intended to give the customer an estimate of the price, and is not an assurance that the product or service will be sold at that price. Geelong Computer Doctors attempt to inform their customers of all possible price options prior to arrival based on the information provided by the customer.
- Any written quote given by Geelong Computer Doctors is a guarantee that the product or service will be provided at that price. Any written quote is valid for a period of 7 days.
- Any piece of advertising material stating a fixed price for a product or service is valid only for the period stated on the advertising material or at the date of publication and may or may not be honoured at the discretion of Geelong Computer Doctors.
- Geelong Computer Doctors offers a 7 day warranty on all computer repair services, however any fault deemed to have resurfaced as a result of miss-use by the user, will not be covered by this warranty. Geelong Computer Doctors will determine whether an issue has not been resolved correctly or has resurfaced as a result of miss-use.
- Geelong Computer Doctors offers a 12 month warranty on all new hardware sold, and a 3 month onsite labour warranty.
- Geelong Computer Doctors offers a 3 month warranty on all second hand (i.e used) hardware sold, and a 3 month onsite labour warranty.
- Onsite labour after the warranty period will be charged at a reduced rate of $77 per hour with a minimum fee of one hours labour charged.
- If an Geelong Computer Doctors technician is called out to a premises for a warranty call, however it is deemed that the fault is not related to that particular piece of hardware, the customer will be charged the appropriate rate for that particular issue.
- Geelong Computer Doctors will in no way be liable to the customer or any third party for any accidental, consequential or indirect damages resulting from the provision of the service. This includes but is not limited to:
- Damage to hardware
- Corruption or damage to software
- Data loss or data corruption
- Any damages related to downtime, interruption of business services, loss of profit or damage to goodwill.
- Payment for Geelong Computer Doctors goods or services must be made by cash, cheque or credit card. Payment must be made directly on completion of work, or at the time requested by Geelong Computer Doctors. No credit terms are provided without prior approval from management.
- Prices for services provided by Geelong Computer Doctors will vary depending on the issue, the time and location of the service.
- All goods supplied by Geelong Computer Doctors are charged separately from the services.
- All visits by Geelong Computer Doctors are chargeable unless, Geelong Computer Doctors is unable to diagnose or suggest a solution to a customer’s problem.
- Geelong Computer Doctors may vary its price for goods and services without giving notice to the customer.
- All services offered by Geelong Computer Doctors are subject to our cancellation policy. We are unable to accept any changes or cancellations to bookings with a 24 hour period prior to the commencement time of the job. A cancellation fee will be payable for any alterations or cancellations within this time frame. The rates and conditions relating to this are discussed during your initial booking. Our default cancellation fee is our 1 hour minimum service fee. We will ask for your consent to this policy before finalising your booking. Bookings made for evenings and weekend time slots can be subject to different criteria, which will be discussed at the time of the booking. All of our telephone calls are recorded to confirm your consent of this policy.
- Geelong Computer Doctors services that are charged at an hourly rate have a minimum charge of 1 hours labour.
- Geelong Computer Doctors will not be responsible to the Customer or any third party for any breach of any software licence in respect of software provided to Geelong Computer Doctors by the Customer to be installed on a Customer’s computer.
- The Customer warrants that it has a valid licence in respect of such software and shall indemnify Geelong Computer Doctors against any loss, damage, costs, harm or other expense whatsoever arising either directly or indirectly as a result of Geelong Computer Doctors installing software at the request of the Customer.
No Fix – No Fee
- If Geelong Computer Doctors is unable to diagnose the cause of any software or computer hardware problem, nor suggest a suitable resolution to the problem (which may involve the need to purchase additional hardware or software) then no charge will apply to the customer.
- Any service done by the Geelong Computer Doctors will be provided free of charge, only where Geelong Computer Doctors is unable to diagnose the cause of a problem or suggest a suitable solution. Geelong Computer Doctors will, at its sole discretion decide whether a service will be provided free of charge.
- If an Geelong Computer Doctors technician has the skill to resolve an issue, and the customer chooses not to proceed with their recommendation – standard fees and charges are payable to Geelong Computer Doctors.
Same day servicing
- Same day servicing only applies where the request has been made prior to 10am weekdays. Any request after 10am may not be eligible for same day servicing. Requests are honored on a best effort basis, but may not always be possible due to illness or periods of staff leave. Geelong Computer Doctors apologises in advance if we are unable to provide same day service to you for any reason.